Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Mullett...

...is still coming. You'd think that with a little extra time to due General Conference, I"d be able to get this gem scanned. Nope.

Instead, I've worked on editing tips and tricks I'm picking up. We were at J's dad's birthday celebration and I caught two great pictures: one of Landon and one of baby K*. Yes, there are color pictures available, but I'm working on creating B/W conversions of pictures that also look great in color. For some reason, pictures that are just "desaturated" seem a little flat. So, messing with the channel mixer helps a little, though it is still a bit of a guessing game for me. I'm working on downloading some "actions" that have B/W conversions built right in. So, here are the B/Ws (be sure to click on each picture for a more detailed look):





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos Brian....I am Jen Crook (formerly a Profaizer), and my sister Kim sent me the link to your blog. I think she was a student of yours?

Your photos are inspiring, I love them. Baby *K* lives here in my ward and she is so darn adorable. Good luck in the business, keep up the great work!

John said...

I have seen your mullet. Not a pretty time in your life. Perhaps you should rethink.

alison said...

Bri- don't you think you should enhance your photography business by taking some pictures of twins? I'd let you do it for free!

Joell said...

that little girl is gorgeous! her eyes are amazing! seriously, i want to take some pics of my family sometime!

Annette said...

I love Landon's freckles. And the baby what a doll! Excellent job catching the moment!