Monday, October 6, 2008

As They Are III....

I got a new lens today. I realize this should be on the BJM Photography Blog, but the pics are of my own children, not a sneak peek for a family....so here they will be.

The lens is a 35mm 2.0 Nikon lens...so nice. I got a pretty decent deal on Amazon and it arrived today. I couldn't wait to get it out of the box and onto the camera for some test shots. Of course, in the spirit of catching the children in their everyday moments, I just grabbed whoever would come and started snapping. I eventually got everyone (but myself)....







There was really very little editing here. I shot in RAW mode, did a little adjusting for white balance and contrast (very little), changed to 72 ppi, cropped to 8x10 and sharpened. Nothing else. Nice. So it only took about 7 or 8 minutes once I got into the house. The shooting itself only took about 5 minutes. This is how I like it...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful!!! I love the picture of Janese with the girls, that is priceless!