Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good News and Bad News...

Ok...so there really isn't any good news. I just didn't want to be a pessimist.

Here it is...$1600-$1800....that is how much it will cost to get the data off of my hard drive....I just got the phone call.

I suppose you could say, "Wait, Brian. There is good news. At least they can get the data from the drive. It could be worse..." Yes. I'm sure it could be worse. It could cost $1900 or $2000 to get it. So, yes, you're right. It could be worse. Stop messing with me.

The truth is...we'll probably shell out the cash. There are pictures on there that really can't be found anywhere else. So maybe we'll just take a few months and save up. The data isn't going anywhere. This summer we'll take the drive back to the data recovery people and get it done.

New Year's Resolution: Back up my stuff often.

Mickelson, out....

5 comments:

Jason and Brittani Hill said...

Have you called different college campuses? Sometimes the Computer Science students can do it as school project...there may be a fee, but it might be a lot less.
Just a thought.
Later Man.

Brooks Nelson said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog now.
http://kylenbrooks.blogspot.com/

I will be making it private in a week or two so email me if you want access to it.
brooksnelson@rocketmail.com

Brooks

Mindy said...

Was this on your mac?

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Sorry to hear about your bad news but I am gald to hear that they can tae if off period. Hope your wife is feeling well

Unknown said...

Hey, I am more than willing to PAY for any pics you have of Nathan... but not to the tune of $1800 ;) Sorry to hear about that. The $300 to $800 sounded horrible at first but much better than the actual sticker shock. This post did make me a little sick, too. I would've totally vomited!