Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley Passes Away...



I just detailed my feelings in my journal so I don't really feel like re-writing everything again. Nor do I feel like copying/pasting those personal feelings. But Pres. Hinckley passed away tonight and I just think it is important to record this extremely significant event. I will miss Pres. Hinckley's leadership and testimony. My children have never known another prophet. Most of my students, past and present, don't remember Pres. Hunter or Pres. Benson very well.

Landon came up from bed, in tears, feeling heartbroken that he was never able to see Pres. Hinckley "live" with his own eyes. We hugged and discussed the importance of having a testimony, born of the Spirit, of the calling of a prophet. I asked him if he had that testimony and he said that he really felt like he did. I have that same witness. So does Janese. Our family has been blessed, over and over, by Pres. Hinckley's teaching, example, and testimony of the Savior.

We will miss him and are thankful for the blessing of living on earth during a time when we have prophets, seers, and revelators.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Cute Landon is always teaching us a lesson. I "knew" President Benson as well as President Hunter's short time as our prophet, but I, too, feel like Gordon B. Hinckley was 'my' prophet. He's the one I'm used to. He'll be missed.

Valeri said...

That is very sweet about Landon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. The man will definitely be missed.