Saturday, January 19, 2008

Quick Family Update...

I'll make this quick...

Parker tried out for his first play. Out of the blue he notified us that he would be trying out for a part in "The Wizard of Oz" after school...


I have secretly always wanted to be in a play. The problems with this: I can't act. I can't sing. I can't memorize things. I can't dance. I am good at remembering phone numbers, but that talent isn't utilized much the world of theater.

So I'm pretty proud of Park. He sang a song in front of a crowd (which made him nervous) and recited a Shel Silverstein poem (if you are familiar, it is the one about the lazy girl who needs a drink of water...I won't give away the punch line...if you're not familiar with Silverstein, you should be).



Parker part is the flying monkey (one of eight monkeys). How fitting.


Another first (well, kind of): Janese started taking a ballet class. No she isn't the oldest...uh...most experienced member of the class. She comes in second on that one.

She is the prettiest. I haven't seen any of the other girls, but I have a feeling about this one.


So it is Janese, a bunch of 16-year-olds, and a 37-year-old. Janese has been to two weeks of classes and absolutely LOVES it. She took ballet when she was younger, but after seeing the Nutcracker this Christmas, she decided to look around and find a class for adults. She found it. So we went and bought new ballet shoes (er...slippers? cleats? boots? fins? whatever they're called), and two pairs of tights. She was nervous for the first class, but came home quite excited and sore...

My SIL started a little line of footwear for little girls...go check it out here.

I bought a 4-wheeler to push snow around. I purchased it from our friends two Mondays ago. It is for sale now. No, it works great. Pretty new tires, starts right up, and even comes with a snow blade. My problem is that our driveway is so small that it takes more work to uncover it, start it up, and move our vehicles than it would take for me to start the snow-blower and clear the driveway. So anyhow, it'll be on KSL. Mention my blog and I'll give you a 5% discount. (No, I'm not kidding)

I think that is it. We're happy, warm, surrounded by snow, and together. What could be better?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Reggie would be interested in your 4 wheeler. He's been whining for one for a few years now. There are a million of them on KSL, which one is yours?