Sunday, March 23, 2008

Okay, I'VE HAD IT!!!

UPDATE: Ok, I just figured out why people have restricted blogs after reading some of the comments on Tricia's blog. But I still think there is a way around that. Just moderate the comments through your email and you're good to go. RIght?

Now listen...I don't want anyone offended or complaining or anything like that. But I'm running into a problem with blogs that is quite vexing, to say the least. And what is sad is that I was going to post a much-anticipated picture of me with a mullet from high-school, but instead I have to post this. So, the mullet will have to wait.


Here goes:

So many bloggers are going to "restricted" or "invitation only" or whatever it is called, and I am only able to check in every so often, that now I am going to blogs I have been checking for months now, AND I CAN'T GET IN!!! And, to make matters worse, there is no email anywhere to ask for permission or an invitation. So, I'm stuck.

The fun of all of this is, was, that I would happen upon a blog of some friend or old student that I haven't seen in years, and I would get to see how great their life is going and what a neat family they have. Now, all I see is "I'm going to be stalked so I'm restricting this blog".

There must be something I don't know about blogging and the risk involved. I suppose that if you are putting a bunch of fairly personal and detailed info on the blog, then people could steal your identity. And if you really, really want to put those details up, then I suppose you should go on the restricted plan. But if you post normal, non-detailed stuff, wouldn't you be OK letting people read it?

Convince me otherwise...



It happened this morning. I went to check a certain blog, that will remain nameless to protect the guilty. Such a let down. Actually, here is the blogger, in code: "AJCI". So, if AJCI can recognize who she is, I'd love an invitation. You may have sent me one already and I forgot to sign in, which is my fault. So, if you'd oblige me this once...



Now, don't anyone go getting your feelings hurt. Just explain whatever it is that I don't understand so that I can restrict my blog, too.

Next up, "the mullet". But not until I get this problem figured out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Bro Mickelson. Long time. I was a student of yours many moons ago (1999 I think, May was my maiden name). I agree with you, I don't know about this private stuff. I don't really understand it as well. If you find a good reason, let me know.
Good to find you here on the cool cyber world of blogging.

The Lunds said...

Bro. Mick,
Can I totally agree with you! I am a blog stalker and it upsets me when people go private, because I fear rejection and don't want to disclose that I'm reading their blog. I just like to see what people are up to that I went to school with and what cute families they have. So I'm 100% with you. Having a private blog is stupid. You can totally control what comments are left on your page. Thanks for letting me vent and pretty much doing most of it for me in your post.
Kami Bronson Lund

Joell said...

yeah I'm liitle cofused too, but can't wait for the mullet photo!

Audra said...

Don't restrict your blog! That would ruin my day.

Jackie said...

I'm guilty. I just locked mine. I locked mine up because I use it as a "journal" and I wanted to be able to put more personal information in it. I do see your point though because I like to keep in touch with people as well. I love to check in on your blog every now and again. You have a beautiful family, and your posts are always hilarious! So as annoying as it is, if you want to check my blog you can send me an email at jackieleishman at yahoo dot com.

Jackie (Pierce) Leishman

Marie said...

Some people may have problems, but until I do... I choose to trust in the good nature of blogger and blog stalkers everywhere. Plus I never post anything that I wouldn't tell the whole Relief Society about anyway. No worries.

Susan, Blain & kids said...

I think that people are afraid of identity theft and other things and protecting them selves from fraud. That would be my guess. love the picture below, it make me doubt the advice from my bishop just a bit though, HAHA!!!JK

Becca Lund said...

I secretly hope that you check my blog every once in a while in anticipation of the day that I will have a neat family... I'm sure it's only years away.

Jaci said...

lol! You are too funny. I am laughing my head off at your reaction to the "restrictions" you are facing in your life right now.
I'm glad you still want to be friends. (We aren't 'in a fight' either).
All I need is the email you sign into blogger with. I 'invite' you and then we are blog friends again. You can give me that info at jaciudy(at)gmail. And yes, I just spelled out the 'at' symbol so some weirdo doesn't somehow come across my email address my googling me! ;) Ha! I bet you loved that.
Have a lovely night. Too-da-loo!
p.s. did you know that i'm going to be a mom? yay!