Saturday, March 1, 2008

Quick Update and Weird Stuff

We've focused on helping our girls develop a strong sense of "self". Maddie has caught on. Tonight I read with her, sang with her, prayed with her, and put her into her crib. I then said, "Goodnight, Chicken Pot Pie". To that she said, "I not Kickin' Tot Tie. I Madelyn."

So, that's cute and all, but how's this for cute:

This comes from Reuters News Service. For some reason the story reminds me of this little gem. I really, really wish I had pictures of this. I guess I could photoshop something, but your imagination should be more than good enough. Here's the story, undiluted:

TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese man was arrested for trespassing this week after turning up at a high school dressed in a girl's uniform and a long wig, local police said.

Thirty-nine-year-old Tetsunori Nanpei told police he had bought the uniform over the Internet and put it on to take a stroll near the school in Saitama, north of Tokyo, on Wednesday, the daily Asahi Shimbun said.

When students standing outside the gates started to scream at the sight of him, he dashed inside the school grounds, hoping to blend in with the crowds of teenagers, the paper said.

They also screamed, forcing the man to flee, losing his wig in the process. A school clerk pursued him and stopped him at a nearby riverbank, the paper said.

Police confirmed the arrest of the man in school uniform and wig but declined to give further details.


Here's my favorite part, quoted,"...students standing outside the gates started to scream at the sight of him..." and "They also screamed..." I've gotta say at this point, I love Reuters and their "Oddly Enough" section...too bad there are no pictures...

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I sorta think this is a story about you. You know, since your Asian and all.

...This really would have benefited from some sort of illustration.

Tiffany Joy said...

So I loved the story of Maddie, but wierd stuff yes. I didn't understand the story at all. I'm not very smart though. That guy sounds like a freak though..