Wednesday, November 14, 2007

100th Post!

That came fast.

Since I hadn't really thought much about the fact that our 100th post was coming up, I'm not really sure what to do.

I could list 100 things about us that people might not know (boring)

I could list 100 songs from the 80's that I hate (too easy)

I could list 100 things I love about Janese (too romantic)

I could list 100 things I want to do before I die (I can only think of 4)

I could list my 100 favorite birds (too exciting)

Hmm. Nothing is coming. I can't even make up a list of 6 things that have to do with anything. I keep seeing these "I've Been Tagged!!!" lists and I'm not very interested in writing about all of that stuff.

Let's just go with this. It isn't that great. I wouldn't even really want to read it if I wasn't me. I may not even read it even though I am me...


Here are just 10 things...

1. I have consumed at least one plate of nachos almost every week since about 6th grade. That all started at Jeff Boele's house and will end in an ER, I'm sure.

2. I was kicked off of The Alamo ("for life" they said...).

3. I sometimes watch movies on the iPod while I'm driving to work. No, I don't carpool. No, I'm not sitting in some form of public transportation. Yes, I know that if it isn't illegal it is still pretty unsafe. No, I'm probably not going to stop. No, you shouldn't do it, too.

4. I like watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 movies (refer to above info).

5. When people lose their tempers in public I kind of want to laugh out loud so they can hear. But I don't really like getting beat up.

6. I lost the spelling bee in 5th grade on the word "people". It was humiliating because I always thought I was pretty smart. The dang E-O combination threw me.

7. I was at a sleep-over with some kid in about 7th grade. At one point he pulled out two one-gallon jugs of water and started doing curls. He told me not to ever tell anyone because he was embarrassed. I never did. I'm not going to tell you his name (to keep my promise) but it does feel pretty good to unburden myself after all of these years. Here's a hint: His initials are D.H. and he has authored a number of books that sell on Amazon.com.

8. I think our family has held Family Home Evening over 400 times. I can't recall a Monday that we've missed. Last Monday, after the lesson, we played Mario Cart Double Dash for the activity. It doesn't really matter who won. What was interesting was that I've never seen anyone lose as bad as Janese.

9. I woke up in the middle of surgery on my finger (for the complete story, ask Darren). My eyes opened and I saw one of the surgeons' eyebrows raise quickly and then he said, "Uh-oh." I heard some beeping above my head from a machine. The beeping picked up a little. I fell back to sleep. I think I don't really ever want to hear a surgeon say "Uh-oh" when they are cutting my body.

10. I'm pretty sure most dogs feel like biting me. They must sense/smell fear. I can't remember not feeling that way. We even owned a dog named Bailey a few years ago. Everyday when I went out back to train her I would picture what would happened if I turned my back while she was fetching the ball. I pictured her surprising me by wrapping her teeth around the soft fleshy part of the back of my neck in a death grip. I've never actually been mauled or anything, but I'm sure I inherited this fear from my dad. When I was little and we were in Utah for vacation, dad was chased home by a ferocious canine while jogging when we visited Logan. We saw the dog a little later that day. It weighed about 7 pounds. I think the next time my dad went jogging he took a big, thick belt with him for defense. Just thinking about my dad jogging in broad daylight in Logan with a hefty leather belt and a watchful eye makes my laugh. I'm laughing right now. Oops, now I'm not. The dog next door is barking. I think it picked up my scent. Dang. I knew this would happen.

If you made it this far, leave a comment. C'mon, it's a celebration.

9 comments:

The Oylers said...

Congratulations on 100 posts. I could not be happier for you. It was such a nice balance to share this momentous occasion with whatever those other "top 10" things were. And may the next 100 posts be just as successful. Your free pony is in the mail.

-Jake

Unknown said...

I found your list very interesting. I would like to see the 100 80's songs you DON'T like because my list would be 100 80's songs that I love and I was just a baby then!!!

John said...

Well, I didn't make it to the end because I fell asleep. However, I wanted to know how you count this as your 100th post. As we have established before, posting pictures does not count. So really you are like at 13 or 14. Luckily for all of us, we can look forward to a similar post in 86 - 87 more real posts!

Rieck Family said...

You're hilarious! Loved the 10 things...I laughed!

Unknown said...

Steven and I just peed a little bit. We pretty sure we figured out who DH is....he's an author?

TiffaniS said...

Oh my Gosh you are too funny! I am so happy we know your blog address and now it will be on my blog link list!

John said...

I guess Steven doesn't have his own blog because he knows he would not be as funny as you so he doesn't even try. How sad.

The Bryger Family said...

Nicely Done! You did a great job on your 100th post!

Kasey

BenJenKids said...

Your blogs are always so funny to read! I love them and I feel like I'm somewhat keeping up with your family now!