Monday, November 26, 2007

Cover your eyes!

Not because something you're about to see is inappropriate, but because it is, uh, well, unattractive. Now, I am purposely putting the picture far enough down this post that you won't see it until you are done reading about it. Yes, a little shock value is intended.

According to a story on CNN.com, government officials stopped a wedding convoy because the group looked "suspicious". Then they detained a few in the party. I'm putting the word "suspicious" in quotes because I'm not sure it is the correct word to use. But, I digress...

So they pull over the cars. Upon further inspection they discover that the groom and bride are both terrorist suspects. So they detained them. Probably a typical day in Baghdad, from what I read. It ended up being two men, not a bride and groom. They were "in disguise". Again, I'm sure this happens weekly in the Middle East.

One reason they were pulled over is because one car in the convoy wouldn't heed an official's warning to stop. Also, there were all men and just one woman (the bride) in the group and I guess that would seem suspicious. The other reason is because the groom wouldn't lift the veil of his wife-to-be. Let's take a second and explore that...

Hmm. Why wouldn't a groom want to lift the veil of his wife-to-be and show her off to other people? Is it a cultural thing? That is the question. Here is the answer:

Scroll down a bit.
































I (sarcastically) wonder why the groom wouldn't lift the veil. The government officials suspected there was a problem? Wow. This disguise hurts to look at. In fact, this is, by far, the worst disguise I have ever seen anyone, anywhere, try to use to get past a Middle-eastern checkpoint. Or any check point for that matter. On any planet where life could be supported by an atmosphere. This person should not only be detained, but forced to stare at a mirror until he breaks down and vomits up Taliban secrets. I'm not supportive of physical punishment in most cases, but this "groom" should be caned for allowing his little cronies to trick him into being the "groom" to such an unattractive bride. Maybe that is a practical joke in the Middle East. Like the other guys were in the other cars behind the bride and groom and they were snickering and pointing at the sucker sitting next to the bride. Boy, that backfired.

4 comments:

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

You crack me up! I love to read your rantings! Keep them coming!

Jazzy said...

Haha...oh that's good, very good.

Jamie and Brady said...

Hey we are trying to get addresses together for Christmas! Please respond asap to jamieleelewis_1@hotmail.com. Thanks a ton!

Anonymous said...

When I saw this on CNN the other day it almost killed me. I gathered everyone around for a little laugh. Nice comment.