Sunday, November 4, 2007

What time is it?

I set my clock "back" last night. I set my alarm at the "normal" time, which is technically an hour after I normally set it. I woke to my alarm, figured I was awake an hour earlier than normal and went back to sleep. I was now an hour early. Or late. I don't know. So I woke up 15 minutes before I needed to be a bishopric meeting. Or maybe I was 45 minutes late. Or early. I still can't tell. Everyone was already at the meeting that I was to conduct, so I must have been late. Or they had forgot to change their clocks.

I seemed to have an extra hour in between interviews and church. Daylight Saving explained it. I think.

I got home from church a little early. Maddie went down for her nap an hour late. I don't know how to explain that since I think we've set our clocks back an hour. But we forgot to set the clocks in the front of the house back, so we were an hour later for everything. But not really because we had been living according to the bedroom clock. Which I had ignored for an hour.

Janese keeps claiming that we need to get the kids in bed an hour early because of the time change, but that would be the normal time, a week ago.

So, I don't know what time it is right now. I don't know when the kids are supposed to go to bed. And if I call my parents (in CA) or brother (in TX) to ask, I'm an hour off one direction or the other anyhow.

On another note, my free iPod nano arrived. Pretty sweet. Thanks, KeyBank. In the interest of full-disclosure, yes, I opened the account just for the nano. I'm closing it this week.

5 comments:

John said...

After reading your blog my counsel is that you are an hour behind.

Is it bishopric or bishop brick and if it is the first one what is up with the "ric" part. I thought his name was Joseph Smith not Rick Smith???

signed, confused in Texas

Mindy said...

I'm giggling lots!

I'm on my way to Key Bank right now.

John said...

Um . . . my question was not a rhetorical one. . . FYI . . .

Brian said...

John...here:

"Bishop is the highest priesthood office of the Aaronic priesthood in the Latter Day Saint movement. A bishop is usually the leader of a local congregation of church members. The Latter Day Saint concept of the office differs significantly from the role of bishops in other Christian denominations, being in some respects more analogous to a pastor or parish priest. Each bishop serves with two counselors, which together form a bishopric."

~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_(Latter_Day_Saints)

The Old English "ric" comes from "kingdom". Usually a bishopric means a diocese of the kingdom that is overseen by the ecclesiatical leader. In the Mormon sense, it is the group of men who share the duties of overseeing a ward.

Something like that...

When are you coming out to Utah with Steven and Mindy to tour the joint?

Let's do lunch..

John said...

Thanks. I really thought it was Bishop Brick. I thought maybe it had something to do with all of the Ward Basketball.

I would like to come out to Utah and Cali with Mindy and Steven but every time they invite me out, I purchase a plane ticket, and then they cancel on me.*

*This message not to be intended for FLUFFY or her husband.

:)