Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I've Been Published!



Well, not really. But I did write my first "letter to the editor". Boy, I tell ya what, the thrill of flexing of my freedom of speech muscles was exhilarating. This is what America is all about. I feel like a cowboy of old, riding into a city and "correcting" the local, corrupt sheriff and then riding off into the sunset, guns smoldering, hat tipped down and to the side, spurs quietly jingling as they bouncing against my horse's flanks to the rhythm of his sure, steady and slow trot.



I just hope I spelled everything correctly. Eye wud knot whant 2 bee imbearest bye sum dum "spelling mistakes".

The original article about Gov. Romney suggesting that if he is elected he will hire a management consulting team to help restructure the government can be found here.

Here is my letter, just in case it does get published. Then we'll have proof that I was "Brian, UT":

Kinsley's "Bring in the Consultants!" fails on at least two points. After complaining that a management consulting team would not be a good idea to restructure our current government, Kinsley gives no, absolutely no, examples of where a management consulting firm has failed to restructure a "client" successfully. Secondly, Gov. Romney didn't say he was going to hire a consulting team to run the government. He was going to look at restructuring the government organization. We have ample examples, from this very magazine, of the need to have a government that is restructured, slimmed-down, simplified, and reorganized. No one, Gov. Romney included, is suggesting that the "cacophony of politics" is going to be replaced with a management consulting team. But, the dissonance we are all seeing in the current government organization is neither efficient or effective. It sounds like Kinsley's article could have used a proofreading and reorganizing by a McKinsey, Bain, Boston, or at least Jack Welch.


I don't think I really feel that strongly about the article. But I liked writing my letter. So, I'm going to do it more. Local newspaper, Time Inc., the NY Times, the Dictionary. Anything I don't totally agree with is going to hear from me. Now everyone will feel the wrath of my pen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you have more important things to do like take away someone's temple recommend? Just to help you out, you did not spell the following words correctly (these are the same words you struggled with in junior high and needed my help fixing even back then):the, is, we, a, to and no. Call me before you start another letter to the editor.

Mindy said...

Oooooooh, very intimidating. We'll watch for it to be published.