Saturday, December 1, 2007

Some Singing and an Update

What started as a place to post pictures became a place to update about our family and then became a place for me to type whatever I want. So, I'm going back one step, to family updating. (Even though I kinda want to talk about some 80's music that I actually did like)

We'll start with a little moment from Maddie. Lately, she has not really enjoyed going to bed like she used to. It used to be so easy. Grab a blanket, read a book, sing together, pray, plop her into her crib, and skip out in a carefree way because Maddie was going to go right to sleep.

Now, when we say, "Time for night-night honey" she immediately begins chanting, in a panic, "No bed, no bed, NO bed, NO BED, NO BED! No BED!". Even though i think it is kind of cute, Janese and I both miss the easy-to-bed routine we used to have.

The good news is that Maddie still really likes to sing before she goes to sleep:


Landon and I went to the Peter Breinholt Christmas concert last night. Incredible as always.


Landon and Parker both brought home their report cards this week. All E's...E's are A's for those of you who are old. :)

Ashley had a great week in school with Miss Jami. We forgot to post a picture from Ashley's Thanksgiving Dinner at school with mom.


Janese and I just kinda stood around and watched and tried not to get in the way. Janese, of course, was busy all week helping everyone do everything. She even managed to take a second and read the chapter of Edward and Bella's story from Edward's perspective. (Spoiler: THESE PEOPLE ARE CHARACTERS IN A FICTION BOOK. THEY ARE NOT REAL. I REPEAT, THEY ARE NOT REAL.) Which, by the way, reminds me that I wanted to let everyone know that Stephanie Meyer is now selling bracelets...Bella's bracelet. I'm not putting a link to this site because I don't think anyone should buy one. Nothing against Steph, just, it is a stupid idea. They are $65. Give the money to charity. Please...

Oh, and Janese and I, thanks to some wonderful friends and neighbors, went to the Nutcracker. I think I liked it. The men should wear pants or sweats, though. Not nylons. Ever.

Janese: Tights, Brian, Tights! (I'm learning how to Blog! Yea!)

6 comments:

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

That was the cutest video I have ever seen. Oh and yes, at ballets they do wear tights! :) I would love to see that, that'd be fun. Janese, how can I rope Dave into doing that?

Valeri said...

Maddie's bedtime routine sounds oh so familiar! What a cute little singer she is.

I'm glad Janese corrected you about the tights. I was about to otherwise. :)

KJ said...

Maddie talks (or sings rather, in this case) better than Damon and he is 2-1/2. She sure is a Q-T!

Yeah, if you can bypass the men in tights (not nylons..he.he.he) then the Nutcracker is GRAND! I haven't seen it since I was young. I mean c'mon, it's the year 2007, can't they come up with something a little better for the men to wear?

I also really like the picture of Parker at the top of the blog.

Katie

The Oylers said...

I'd like to say I remember every wise word that came out of your mouth when you were teaching me, but that would be lie, and I'm sure you mentioned something about not lying. But one day I do remember (and why my memory choose to hang on to this one I have no idea) but you had just been to your first P.B. concert and you came right in and told us all about it, and said, "I will never miss a P.B. concert for as long as I live. Wierd, but Hannah and I love him too, but he doesn't travel to Texas very much.

Mindy said...

I'm super homesick right now. Listening to 'Nese and Maddie, seeing PB, and you making me feel guilty for spending $65 on myself rather than sub for santa. JK I didn't really do it.

the judkins said...

That video of Maddie just re-affirms that after being peed on puked on pooped on screamed at and unappreciated all around, mothers choose to keep having kids. That was priceless.