Saturday, December 22, 2007

And I thought a Penguin would be tough...


I guess, technically, I could have gone to the Sacramento Zoo and found the "penguin house". We went there this summer and watched the penguins behind the glass. I know glass breaks, and I know I can break it. So, fulfilling Ashley's Christmas dreams was a possibility. A remote one, but a possibility nonetheless.

Now we have Parker. Apparently his school class all wrote letters to Santa and the newspaper got ahold of the letter. They were published this week. I just read Parker's letter, via the newspaper. Here it is, in its entirety:

Dear Santa,

Haw do yure randre fli I want to noe.
And thank you for the presents last yare.
Ples give me a elf.

Parker M.


At least penguins are real. I mean, Santa could scrounge one up from somewhere; a zoo, one of the poles, some eccentric person's basement tank. But where are you getting an elf? They're busy, small, they can disappear, they have those curly-tipped boots and pointed hats. No one is bringing one of those little fellers into this house.

I can just see Ashley and Parker, surrounded by dolls and toy trains and other wonderful toys, huddled in the corner, weeping, and mumbling something about their shattered Christmas wishes...

7 comments:

John said...

Well, well, well, look who crawled out from under the rock to post something - Mr. all talk and no action.

The dilemma you are now facing with the presents is the exact reason we do not have kids . . . yet.

Merry Christmas!

Breely said...

Hello Mickelsons!

Wow, I am way impressed with the photography!!! Parker is so handsome! and I love Ashley too on the railroad tracks! Merry Merry Merry Christmas to you all!

from the Barfuss fam

the judkins said...

So , how did the smashing of the dreams go?

Beeks by the Lake said...

oh boy! and I thought a bumblebee squishy transformer was hard to come by.

Rieck Family said...

That is so cute....So were there dreams smashed???

Amy and David said...

Hey Bishop, This is Amy, we were wondering if you heard anything about that house??? Please let us know. We loved the Santa letters, how cute!

Mindy said...

I think I just peed a little bit. That was so funny! Good luck catching the elf. Maybe a lawn gnome will do.