Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Unrealistic Expectations...


Try to imagine the pressure felt when I came home from work today, dropped my keys on the counter in the kitchen, and found this Christmas letter to Santa from Ashley sitting next to Janese's planner (this is the entire letter, word for word, and I think she means it):

Dear Santa,
I want a penguin.
From: ASHLEY


We couldn't even take care of a dog. I'm not convinced I know exactly what Santa is bringing her this year, but at this point, Christmas is looking to be quite the let-down for at least one very good little girl...

7 comments:

kate said...

There has got to be a too cute stuffed penguin out there, you better hurry and find it!

Anonymous said...

If we had a penguin we would really help you out. The best I can do is a beluga whale or a polar bear. Good luck.

The Valentine Fam said...

That made me smile! I suggest you start checking Ebay for penguins that need a good home!

Jaci said...

just buy a stuffed penguin. Maybe she'll be understanding that Santa got confused. ;)

Jed Christensen said...

Man you're really in a pickle, aren't ya?

John said...

STEP IT UP SANTA!

If my daughter wanted a live penguin and she had been a good girl I would totally get it for her.

Hope you don't feel guilty for not coming through with a good little girl's dreams.

MIL said...

Your "Auntie Annette" says to adopt one from the SLC zoo and tell Ashley they can keep a colder and better home for her penguin than you can. She can visit it often :>) This is a precious story..