Monday, June 16, 2008

Baseball, pt. II...

These days, we skip taking the typical sports pictures. I kinda miss them, but I enjoy taking our own. Better prices...



I used a new lens to catch this one of Landon during our quick baseball picture session in our back yard. I love it. Plus, I've forgotten how much I enjoyed playing baseball as a kid. My parents came to every game. It was always hot (well, most of the time...Keating Park could get a little cold and windy on Saturday nights). I loved sunflower seeds and HubbaBubba chewing gum. My old mitt smelled like salt, dirt, and grass. My batting gloves were always worn in the same places. Coach Millward, Coach Bill, Coach Danny, Coach Perron (T-ball)...Good times.

Landon and Parker seem to enjoy it, and hopefully the girls will, too. Coaching has been enjoyable and I find myself yelling the same types of things my coaches yelled. Maybe all coaches yell the same things?:

"Nice and easy! You got this!"

"Right down the pipe!"

"Give it a ride!"

"Way to be patient!"

"Good eye!"

"Where's the play, guys?"

"Way to be alert!"

"What the...?! What kind of call was that?! You didn't see how low that pitch was?! Are you blind? That was a ball! Gimme a break! You're blind!!! I could see that was a ball from here, and I wasn't even watching!!! Seriously...."



Ahhhh...another relaxing summer of baseball....

2 comments:

TiffaniS said...

Now, now. Watch the temper coach! Hey, when are we going to BBQ or go up the canyon for a camp fire family night? Tell Janese hello!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to put how your glove tasted!!!