Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yards...

I mowed, and weed-shwacked, the lawn this morning. It bugs a little because we didn't take much care to plant "great" grass when we did it and now our lawn never looks that good. And, our lawn isn't too mower-friendly because I'm always having to mow around trees, plants, etc.

On the other hand, Janese has spent quite a bit of time planting things that she and her friend Jennifer pick up from...well...I'm not sure of all the places they've been in the past few years to get plants. So, the flower beds at both homes always look very nice. Plus, Janese weeds like crazy. I'm not sure if she likes it or not, but she does it a lot. I enjoy weeding the vegatable garden beds because I get to think about testimonies and repentance and other stuff like that. The boys and I were out weeding this morning (after mowing) and we got to talking about how weeds were like sins and the earlier we get those out of the garden the easier it is for the good "stuff" to grow. It was nice to have a little teaching moment.

Then the boys ran off and I picked weeds all by myself. There's probably a lesson in that, too.

Anyhow, tonight Janese and I were waling through the yard and I got a couple shot of some parts of the yard we enjoy. One is of the Sunburst Honeylocust in the front, and the other is of some daisies Janese planted in the back some years ago...





You know, I just noticed that Blogger doesn't quite get the colors correct. I just looked at the daisies in "preview" on my moniter and compared it to what is on the screen on Blogger. Much more saturated in "preview"...lame. Lame!

3 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

Thanks for doing your part at keeping the neighborhood looking good!

Beeks by the Lake said...

on my monitor they look great - and remember - everyone's monitor is different so most people probably don't see it the way that you do. I can hardly wait to plant things this year - we are in the middle of the grass debate right now with sprinkler going in. Got any tips?

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Brother Mickelson, I just started a blog about a month ago and found your blog. I thought I would say hello from Georgia! :) Oh and BTW if I didn't ever tell you, you were the most amazing seminary teacher anyone could ask for! Also I am still sorry that Amanda, Michelle and I put dandelions all over your newly planted grass! :( I am glad to see that your plants have turned out just fine, and that we didn't do to much damage- but you have to admit you had it coming by throwing the dandelion we had picked just for you and
probably made us late for seminary was thrown in the garbage, Ha Ha! :) Please keep in touch I would love to hear from you. Tell your family hi for me.
Lindsay (Wood) Wilkin-wilkinworldofwonder.blogspot.com