Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rule #1...

I suppose this is why I never say, "Smile!" before snapping a picture. Especially with Maddie. I thought other photographers were kidding when they say that they never ask their subjects to "smile" at any point, but now I get it.

No more, "smile..."-ing.

But it is kinda cute.

Now on to other business.

There have been a few comments on the last post with people telling me that stuff like that happens to everyone. That's nice to say. But it sure seems like it happens to me more than most. Case in point:

When Janese and I were dating, we jumped into J's car to go and visit her sister. On the way, we had to stop into the apartment office so that I could pay my rent. I jumped out of the car and ran in to the office. Rent paid, I ran back out. Feeling all "in love" and stuff, I decided to bound down the long steps as opposed to step down the long steps (the steps were about 3 feet deep each).

My foot landed half on and half off of the second to last step and I bucked, crumbled, and rolled the rest of the way, becoming wedged between the curb and the front tire of J's car. Janese didn't rush out of the car all concerned like a girlfriend is supposed to. She just sat in the car and laughed.

That was about fifteen years ago, and stuff like that has been happening ever since. So, please...don't patronize me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you have some interesting experiences!!!

Jamie Kent said...

Ryan fell down the steps on our first date well.... he more like rolled down them! You will have to ask him about that! If he acts like he can't remember tell him it was at the Hi-Stepper party.

Kittyrunner said...

Maybe things like that happen so you have more material for your seminary students....? You know those blessings in disguise. :)