Saturday, October 27, 2007

Vampire books...

Let's get one things straight: I DID NOT read the book(s). I had two sister-in-laws talk to me about the Twilght series books. In fact, one SIL didn't want to tell me about the books because she thought I wouldn't let Janese read them (like I can tell her what to do).

I was razzing some girls in my seminary class because they were all so in love with Edward. They finally told me that I couldn't make fun of a book I had not read. Isn't that what the cover is for? To give me a reason to judge a book without having to read it? So, in the spirit of wanting the make fun of the book, I decided to read it. I know....stupid choice. But I did.

I got through the first 200 pages an gave it back to Janese.

I'll tell you what...if I was in 10th grade, and I was a girl, I'm sure I'd love it. But I'm not, and I don't. At all. I got to some part where Edward was stroking Bella's chin or something like that and the thought exploded into my mind like a ray of early morning sunlight, I could not care less about a character. I recently finished Kiterunner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, so this book paled, horribly, recklessly even, in comparison when it came to getting me to care about the characters (or the plot, or author, or page numbers, or jacket cover, or ISBN number, for that matter). In fact, I read an advertisment for binkies in Parenting magazine yesterday and I cared more about the characters there than in the Twilight book.

With that said, I just took a questionairre to see which Twilight character I am most like. Turns out, using this highly scientific experiement, I am most like:



You're Carlisle Cullen - You are very intelligent and have high moral standards. You truly care about people and helping them. Your knack for solving problems and pleasing two warring sides makes you unique and a desirable friend to have, even if sometimes you have to tell people what they might not like hearing.


Whoever this guy is, he most be pretty special...

Go ahead ladies, take the quiz here. It is free, and really quite scientific and important to take. But remember, THIS BOOK IS FICTION. You can't marry Edward. He isn't real.

Sorry for the spoiler. :)

Now, for the record, Janese took the quiz. She is most like:

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm pretty sure I just peed a little laughing as hard as I just did. Did you get to the baseball field scene? The book gets good there.
You are NOT like Carlisle. You're not like any of the lovely vampires. You're more like...the biology teacher or a store clerk or some other forgetable character - even Jessica - NOT Carlisle.

Mindy said...

Though Janese is a dead ringer for Bella - not as stubborn, though.

Brian said...

I don't know if I ever arrived at the baseball field scene. I was drowning in boredom and lost interest about the time the author described Edward's cold touch, something, something, blah, blah, blah, olive colored eyes, blah, something, massive biceps, blah.

Please tell me there is a baseball game at the baseball field. And, please tell me it doesn't involved Edward or Bella. If so, this book may have a chance after all.

The Bryger Family said...

Hey there!
This is Kasey M.... Bryan and I always get a good laugh reading your blog posts! Bryan is going to laugh pretty hard at this one, becuase I was one of those girls that read the whole twilight series. :)

Kasey M.
www.kbmerrell.blogspot.com

Jazzy said...

LOL...this is so funny because it is so true. I did read all three and secretly felt like a 10th grader while doing it. If you thought the first one was bad, don't touch the third. They just kinda go from unbelievable to comical.

TiffaniS said...

I was going to comment, but never mind.

Tiffany Joy said...

Help, I'm Rosalie Hale, what does that mean?

I only got to page 200 as well, then I decided to go watch our carpet age.

Brian my theory is if you can't take Twilight then you are a real man.

You don't necessarily shower every day. You don't always smell like fine leather. You drive a car that you can afford. If you are out of clean socks then you might "recycle" the cleanest pair that is in the dirty laundry basket. And your shirt is always pressed tightly against your body, but maybe not in all the right places. But, most importantly, your hands are warm when your wife needs her loving man. So take that Edward.

Jed

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you people have no taste. The 1st and 2nd books were great and i cant wait till I read the 3rd book! If my friend heard you guys saying all of this she would freak out man FREAK OUT!....I mean it you guys FREAK OUT!....

Anonymous said...

I strongly disagree with your opinion. I think all three books were fabulous. Brilliant writing techniques and a truly captivating series overall.